Violet's Chronicles

Don’t You Doubt Me: Revised non-workshop piece

He was loud, obnoxious, but heroic. Such a young boy, at the age of 17, to be wielding a anti-magic sword of such weight. He had no powers unlike everybody else but that didn’t stop him from losing his faith in becoming the strongest that there was in all the village. Roxas is the only exception as he compensates through physical training. His determination and dedication made him into the most righteous boy he could be.

He lived in a penury orphanage since he was a baby. While it was pouring rain, someone decided to abandoned two babies, him, with another baby who happened to be his brother. Or was he? They looked completely different from each other but that didn’t reflect on how they felt upon each other and they still considered each other siblings. His brother name was Sora. Roxas had spiky white hair and emerald green eyes. He was handsome and short, but his body was built and masculine. Since he had no magic he worked out everyday until his body went numb. His physical strength compensated for his lack of magic. He is completely different from Sora. Sora, has jet black hair with pearly blue eyes, he was pale as ever can be and taller than all in the village. He was beyond handsome and very nonchalant. You wouldn’t think looking at him, that he came from lower class. Sora had mastered wizardry when he turned six years old and his magic was staggering. Sora had great talent. Roxas was very jealous of Sora’s abilities and used that jealousy as determination to become more stronger. Sora was Roxas rival.

The orphanage was run by the nun, Mother Mary and the priest, Father Roosevelt. They both nurtured and raised the two young boys when they first arrived. They highly favored Sora more than Roxas because he helped with the agriculture, hunting, and the security of the land. Roxas of course attempted to do so as well, but he always seemed to be a burden. The other kids in the orphanage would always mock and laugh at Roxas, insulting him with cruel names. There were 5 other children who resided there as well. Their names were, Ana, 7, Dave, 8, Chris, 10, Trevor, 13, and Leigh, who happened to be the youngest, she was 5. Leigh was the only one who looked up to Roxas as she thought he was the most strongest, amusing, staggering brother she could have. She was so short, she reached the height of Soras knees, she had curly blonde hair with dark brown eyes, she seems so precious, so innocent, with the lightest tone from her voice.

At night, everyday, Roxas would take Leigh to the rooftop and they would stare into the stars.
Roxas says

“Hey Leigh, if you look up deep into the stars you can see that they draw something. I see… hmm…”
” I see a rainbow!” in her young light angelic voice.
Roxas then starts to burst out laughing “How is that possible Leigh, they’re stars, they have no color but shine a bright white light. Way to go beyond your imagination.”
Leigh looks at him upset and then yells, “You said they draw something and I told you I see a rainbow!” Leigh gets aggravated at Roxas for laughing at her.
Roxas starts to feel bad and says “I’m sorry, I can see it too now. It’s a beautiful rainbow with no color. It’s a special rainbow.”
Leigh replies “Just like you!” and smiles.
Roxas then feels so flattered “aww Leigh, I love you little sis. You always know how to make me feel happy..”

” Well of course I know how to make you happy, you’re always happy, even when people are mean to you. I want to be just like you when I grow up and we leave with all our brothers and sisters and become rich and buy all the candy in the world! Muhahaha! “

Roxas doesn’t know how to feel but most utterly grateful for his little sister so her says ” I promise to take you out these lands one day and show you what a colorful rainbow looks like and we’ll eat all the candy under it. Mother Mary and Father Roosevelt always try their best for us, so one day I’ll promise to become the strongest in all the land and lift us from poverty. I promise Leigh!” with such devotion in his voice.
” I know you can! You’ll be the strongest and best big brother anyone can ask for!”
” Thank you Leigh. I love you, let me to take you to your bed so you can go to sleep, it’s getting late.”

As Roxas goes and drops off Leigh to her bed he goes back to the roof and glares upon the stars, thinking about becoming the wizard king. That is his dream, and that is what he wishes to be. But how can that be possible when he doesn’t have any magic.

The next morning, the roosters are screaming “Cockadoodledoo!”. It’s time to harvest, as the winter is approaching. When Roxas walks outside he sees the newspaper with the headline, “The wizard tournament is here! Time to see who’s capable of being apart of the Royal Knights!”. Roxas instantly thought, here is my chance to prove that I am worthy! I can finally show everyone how strong I am and become the wizard king! As Sora walks outside he notices Roxas had a euphoric look on his face and grabs the news paper. When he finishes reading it, he looks at Roxas and says..
“We’ll both become Royal Knights.
Roxas replies ” Of course we are! We’re going to show the masters how great we really are, even if were coming from the slumps!”
“But just know I am better than you. Lets go and win this.”
” Whaaaatttt!! You see you always got to kill the moment Sora! I’ll surpass you, you’ll see, with your stinking magic, me and my anti-magic sword would show all of you!”
“Of Course Roxas, I have faith in you.”

Sora started to think of a time when him and Roxas were younger. It was snowing, in the mid of night. He went to go get some medicine from the rich part of the village, it looked like a little town. He was searching for medicine for his little brother Trevor as he was on the verge of death for being ill. When he went, he thought he was by himself, but little did he know he was being stalked by a scum. A rich belligerent drunk man who noticed Sora once he laid eyes on him. It was obvious Sora was from poverty as he wore torn clothes and looked dirty. He didn’t even have any money, all he had was .25 cents. But his goal was to beg or steal, until he got the medicine, nothing was going to stop him from obtaining it. As Sora was wandering the streets seeking for his destination, he became this mans target to pick on. Suddenly Sora gets lifted and thrown across the road. Not knowing what just happened he sees a man standing right infront of him and the man says.
“What’re you doing out so late!?”
young Sora yells back to the drunk man and says “That is none of your damn business!”
With his drunk breath withering through the air the man replies and says sarcastically, ” Ooooh is that soo? Well since you’re in my part of town so it is my business!”
Sora attempts to run but the man grabs him.
“hahahaha! Where do you think you going you little bastard!? Nobody cares about you, maybe I should take you out of your misery, you little rat!”
The man starts to beat on Sora, but then out of nowhere Roxas comes and jumps the mans back are starts punching and biting him.
” Ahhhhh! Get the fuck off of my you little shit!”
Sora still in shock after being beaten to a pulp, realizes that he now needs to help Roxas, but he’s like a deer in headlights. Roxas then gets thrown as well and the man starts beating on him too.
Roxas yells to Sora, run!
Sora still in a daze starts to run away and leaves Roxas… Time goes by and Sora is filled with guilt and regret. He feels lower than scum and a coward for abandoning his brother to save himself. Then all of sudden he sees Roxas down the road and screams,
” Roxas! I can’t believe you’re ok, I’m so sorry I left you, I panicked, I was so scared.”
” Its ok Sora, I was following you from the orphanage and I saw you needed my help, what are brothers for anyways.”
” How did you get away anyways?”
” I grabbed one of the bricks on the floor and whacked him on the head, look! “
He then shows Sora money he stole from the man when he was unconscious.
” I got his money, now we have enough to buy the medicine for Trevor!”
Roxas then smiles and Sora admires him for his courage. Ever since then, he always admired his brother, even though he showed no sign of it. He loved him and wanted him to progress and become stronger, because he was his rival as well. They both had the same dream and that was to become Wizard King.

It is finally time for the Royal Knights exam. Roxas and Sora have made it into the Capital of the kingdom to get prepped up to fight for their spot with the magic knights, who protect the kingdom under the wizard king, had begun. In the exam, all the candidates would be separate into two groups, each group would get the chance to battle with another wizard as the Royal masters watch, they’ll choose who they feel is worthy to be apart of their team.

There are in total six royal masters, who’re ranked by the good deeds they have offered to the town. They’re known for being barbaric and not abiding by any rules. Their intentions are to always good though. Finally as all the master are side by side. It is time for the exams to begin.

As Roxas and Sora are registering at the entrance of the exam, wizards can sense the magic of other wizards and they notice that Roxas has no aura of magic at all.
Two random wizards start to conversate over the disgust they’ve felt over the two boys, “look at these imbeciles. No magic at all. What is he even doing here. He looks like he crawled out of a rock and decided to try and become a royal knight!? Hahaha, what a poor sight. Stupid hick peasant.” The other wizard replies, “You’re right and he’s short and scrawny. No master would want him to join their team. Man I do hope I go up against him so I beat the crap out of him and show the masters who is worthy.”
Random wizard 1: You’re never going to make it into any of the squads kid!
As Roxas and Sora here these two rich young wizards talking bad mouthing them, Sora told Roxas “don’t let them get to you, we’ll show these rich snobs who they are competing with”, Roxas then nods his head in agreement with his brother.
Finally its time! Roxas is first up and competing against one of the random wizards who was actually bad mouthing him.
The random wizard then says ” Ahhh, am I lucky! I get to actually beat this kid to pulp, just like I wished, I hope he doesn’t hold back so it can be an exciting show for the masters! Hey kid, I know I look strong so don’t hold back, OK! My name is Vermilion and I want to make this fun.”
Roxas replies ” Don’t mind if I do!” He then, takes out his sword with great speed and strength and strikes at Vermilion instantly knocking him out. Everyone suddenly becomes in shock as they can not believe the puny, no magic having kid, beat someone without even trying.

” I’m not joining the magic knights so I can have a good time and avoid working hard, I’m here to work my butt off and become the wizard king!”
Sora then says “I’m the one whos going to defeat you…”
Everyone in shock, then suddenly starts to laugh. Laughing at his dream of becoming the Wizard King. But one of the masters of the Black Bulls team caught his eye on him and seemed to be fascinated on his determination, especially since he doesn’t have any magic. Maybe it was his character.
Finally it was Sora’s turn. He was up against a noble. Nobles are known for having greater magic and being apart of the magic knights due to their extraordinary talents.
Noble wizard: I’ll show you just how far below us nobles you are, both in status and in power. Oh, and of course in wealth, too. You should feel honored you’re challenging the great Salim de Hapshass. Hahaha!

Sora completely ignores him and the battle begins. The noble wizard Salim uses and electric ball spell and summons it to attack Sora, Sora then uses wind magic to create a tornado and blast away the electric ball back to its creator. Salim screams in distress of his own magic and is instantly gets put down. Sora wins this battle. Impressing all the wizards and including the masters as well. His magic and abilities is of a higher rank. Everyone wants to be his friend now and is curious to know how strong he really is.

Finally the exam is over and the candidates whose names are called, need to step forward. When they step forward a master of each squad would raise their hands and the candidate will decide if they would like to accept or decline, and if they are chosen by more than one captain they may chose which squad they would like to join. But if no one raises their hands, that candidate would not join the magic knights and would leave immediately.

As time goes by, barely any one has any offers and leaves immediately, very few are chosen so far. Finally its Soras turn to be picked, as he stands under all masters, they all look down upon him and then something extraordinary happens. They all raise their hands for Sora to join their squads. Sora thinks to himself I’ll take this path in becoming the Wizard King. He then says “Please allow me to join the squad of the Golden Dawn”. Next up is Roxas, he yells “I am ready!”. He doesn’t care who raises their hand as long as someone picks him. He gets nervous as they all glare at him. No one raises their hand for him. Everyone starts to get impatient and yells at him to scram and let the next wizard to go up, but Roxas is in complete utter disbelief. Then all of a sudden the caption of the Black Bulls, captain Yami yells

“well that’s not a surprise! No matter how high in combat skills you are, if the source of your power is unknown no one wants anything to do with it. In the end, the only thing desired from a magic knight, is their magical powers.”

As the captain glared upon Roxas, he exemplifies his vigorous magic, that threw everyone out of thought. It was so strong the pressure of everyone became heavy. But that didn’t intimidate Roxas.
“And since you don’t have no power, no one wants you, that’s the cruel reality. You said earlier you wanted to become Wizard King, didn’t you? Which means you’re going to surpass the nine masters here, right? Now that I am standing before you, do you still have the nerve to say you’re going to become Wizard King, even without any magical powers.”
“Even if I cant join the Magic Knights today… No matter how many how many times I fail, no matter what anyone says to me, I’m still going to become the Wizard King someday!”
The master then suppresses his powers and starts to laugh.
“You’re funny, kid, join my squad.”
Roxas in shock, he was in disbelief.
“By the way, declining isn’t an option! I’m going to make your life a living hell with the Black Bulls, so one day, promise me you’ll become the Wizard King.”
“Yes sir!”

As the exam and tournament ended. Roxas and Sora finally give their goodbyes as they part their ways.
“This is where our true battle begins!”
“Yeah, lets see who’ll become the Wizard King.”