Violet's Chronicles

What You Pawn I Shall Redeem

What I liked about story:

Jackson Jackson, an Indian man residing in Seattle has been homeless for six years. He’s comfortable with his situation, actually happy and prideful of being homeless. He doesn’t ask for anything else except for booze and food to survive. He was stuck in a situation in which he found his grandmothers regalia. A regalia is the distinctive clothing worn and ornaments carried at formal occasions as an indication of status. This regalia, signified the tribe status of his grandma and they had a hidden yellow bead in theirs. Jackson  had to come up with nine hundred and ninety nine dollars to regain it back from the pawn broker within 24 hours. Throughout the whole day he came up with $151.50, that’s including what he stole from Juniors shoes. Instead of using that money to earn more money or even trying to earn more money he went straight into spending it on either booze, food, or giving some of away. He won $100 from a lottery ticket, $20 from the pawn broker to start off, $30 from a cop, and was even given 40 news papers to earn this regalia. It seemed like he kept reminiscing about his grandma and drank his sorrows. In the end he didn’t gain no money. But the story ended good when the broker still gave him his grandmas regalia. I feel like he didn’t deserve it, honestly and i don’t like his character.

You cant feel sorry  for someone who doesn’t even feel sorry for themselves. It reminds me of all the homeless people who wander through these streets of NYC. They don’t want help, they just want things like money and food given to them. But yet i still feel sorry and sympathy when i see them.